Carbeth House is a registered care home supporting adults who experience enduring mental health to live independently in the community. The project which is based in Possilpark in the north west of Glasgow consists of a core purpose built three story block of nine individual flats and staff flat situated within the building. The project works on the Recovery Model of Care and aims for people to live at Carbeth for up to 4 years before moving on to more independent accommodation.
Carbeth House Project provides services for adults over 18 years of age who experience mental ill health. Referrals are made by local authority Care Managers or health professionals. A single shared assessment will be carried out with the service users needs and desires at the centre of all discussions. Service users will be invited to visit the project prior to moving, in order to get to know staff and other service users and to ensure that they are confident that the service will meet their needs. The first 4 of admission to the service are an assessment period, after which a review takes place to confirm suitability of the placement.
- 24 hour flexible support from an experienced, committed and trustworthy staff team
- An individual flat living arrangement within a purpose built building
- A named key worker
- An outcome based care support plan developed with the service user which supports their individual rights, needs, preferences and choices
- A safe, secure and enabling living environment
- Support to enable the service user to expand their capabilities and achievements by accessing a range of community services, resources and activities
- Support to enable the service users to develop and maintain social networks, recreational, educational and/or occupational interests
- Support to access appropriate health care, counselling and advice
- Support to gain the skills necessary to move on to a more independent model of service provision or to an unsupported tenancy
- Trained and committed staff conversant with best practice and recovery models of support
The project is registered with and inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
Reports are available on request.
Carbeth House Project
15 Sunnylaw Place
GLASGOW, G22 6DX
Tel: 0141 336 5174