Carbeth House is a registered care home supporting adults who experience enduring mental ill-health to live independently in the community. The project is based in Possilpark in the north-west of Glasgow; it consists of a purpose-built three story block of nine individual flats, with a staff flat also situated within the building. The project uses the Recovery Model of Care; our aim is for people to live at Carbeth for up to 4 years before moving on to more independent accommodation.
Referrals are made by local authority Care Managers or health professionals. A single shared assessment will be carried out, with the service user's needs and desires at the centre of our discussions. Service users will be invited to visit the project prior to moving in; this gives them a chance to meet the staff and other service users, and an opportunity to check that the service will meet their needs. The first 4 weeks of admission to the service are an assessment period, after which a review takes place to confirm the suitability of the placement.
- 24 hour flexible support from an experienced, committed and trustworthy staff team
- An individual flat living arrangement within a purpose built building
- A named key worker
- An outcome based care support plan developed with the service user which supports their individual rights, needs, preferences and choices
- A safe, secure and enabling living environment
- Support to enable the service user to expand their capabilities and achievements by accessing a range of community services, resources and activities
- Support to enable the service users to develop and maintain social networks, recreational, educational and/or occupational interests
- Support to access appropriate health care, counselling and advice
- Support to gain the skills necessary to move on to a more independent model of service provision or to an unsupported tenancy
- Trained and committed staff conversant with best practice and recovery models of support
The project is registered with and inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
Reports are available on request.
Carbeth House Project
15 Sunnylaw Place
GLASGOW, G22 6DX
Tel: 0141 336 5174