The Victoria Project
The Victoria Project is for adults (aged 18-65) who experience enduring mental health problems. The project is spread across two residential care homes in Govanhill (Glasgow) one at Batson Street and one at Govanhill Street. Both care homes offer single room accommodation plus communal cooking and social spaces.
The Victoria Project uses the Recovery Model of Care; our aim is for people to stay with us for up to 4 years, before moving on to more independent accommodation.
If you, or someone you know would like to be join us at The Victoria Project, referrals can be made by your local authority Care Manager, or a healthcare professional.
We will then work together to carry out an assessment of your needs and wishes, and use that to build your support plan. After that we will arrange a number of visits to the project for you, so that you can meet the staff and other service users, get a feel for the project, and be sure that it meets your needs. The first 4 weeks of admission to the service is an assessment period, after which we’ll conduct a review to confirm that The Victoria Project is suitably equipped to give you the support that you need.
- 24 hour flexible support from an experienced, committed and trustworthy staff team
- A named key worker
- An outcome based care support plan developed with the service user which supports their individual rights, needs, preferences and choices
- A safe, secure and enabling living environment
- Support to enable the service user to expand their capabilities and achievements by accessing a range of community services, resources and activities
- Support to enable the service users to develop and maintain social networks, recreational, educational and/or occupational interests
- Support to access appropriate health care, counselling and advice.
- Designated smoking room in the care home
- Support to gain the skills necessary to move on to a more independent model of service provision or to an unsupported tenancy
The project is registered with and inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
Reports are available on request.
74 Batson Street,
Tel: 0141 423 1413