The Twechar Respite Project is operated by The Mungo Foundation in partnership with East Dunbartonshire Council. The service provides residential short breaks for adults with a learning disability who reside in the East Dunbartonshire area. It is based in a high specification purpose built house in the village of Twechar in East Dunbartonshire. The service can accommodate five people and includes a self-contained flat for people who are working towards more independent living.
This service is for adults aged 18 years upwards with a learning disability and/or associated physical disabilities who live within the East Dunbartonshire area. Referrals should be made through the Care Managers at East Dunbartonshire Social Work Services.
Length of stay can vary and will be decided through consultation with service users, their family and East Dunbartonshire Social Work Department.
- A safe, relaxing and enjoyable break within a high specification, high quality environment.
- A single room with en-suite facilities.
- A named key worker.
- A flexible service offering a variety of breaks which meet the needs of the service user and their family as agreed with the Care Manager.
- A variety of social activities and day opportunities using local city wide resources.
- A person-centred and regularly reviewed care support plan developed with the service user which recognises their rights, needs and choices.
- Trained staff who will support the service user in a competent, professional and flexible manner.
- Support to the service user to encourage them to maintain their current social networks, recreational, educational and/or occupational interest, whilst also facilitating them to expand their capabilities and achievements by accessing new activities.
The project is inspected by the Care Inspectorate and East Dunbartonshire Council.
Reports are available on request.
36 Davidson Crescent
GLASGOW, G65 9SR
Tel: 01236 827 556
Click property for more information.
Tel: 01236 827556