Who is the Service For?
Our services are for young homeless men and women between the ages of 16 and 25 years with the exception of Fairstart and Ravenswood. These services are offered to vulnerable young people who are not yet able to live independently in the community. They will have faced a range of difficulities in their lives such as physical, sexual or emotional abuse, drugs/solvent misuse, mental health problems and some will have been in residental care.

What can it Provide?
Our projects provide access to a safe environment for young people to explore and examine their lifestyles and options and begin to take control over their own life. Our services provide varying levels of support dependent on individual needs both in the long and the short term. Projects offer individual support and counselling and opportunities for communal activities and groupwork. Comprehensive assessment of needs is available linked to the involvement of all other relevant services and supports and through care planning.

Where is it Provided?
Our services are spread over several locations, all in Glasgow. The projects are located in the Govanhill, Partick, Govan and Pollockshields areas of the city. 

How can I Request these Services?
Our services can be accessed by contacting the Project Manager directly for information, or by contacting the Social Work Department and requesting an assessment of needs. The Social Work Department will undertake an assessment to determine and establish suitability.

Is there a Charge?
There is a charge. The charge will vary from centre to centre. The Social Work Department will meet most of the cost and individuals are required to make a contribution. This will be fully explained by the Manager prior to a placement being offered.

How Long Will I Have to Wait?
This is dependent on various factors. For example the project may have no vacanices. If the project does have a vacancy then as soon as the social worker involved carries out the various assessments and you are happy to move into the project, then you can do so.