Barrhead Services

From our office base in Barrhead we offer Housing Support Services to a number of individuals who live in and around Barrhead.  All of those whom we support have their own tenancies with local Housing Associations. 

Whether it is choosing to stay in a single person tenancy or having moved from a long term residential or hospital setting into a smaller group living situation, we support each individual using a person centred approach to live as full and active citizens of their local community.

Some of the tasks we currently support individuals with include support with personal care, support to budget and pay bills, support to maintain their tenancy and any associated tasks such as housework and arranging repairs, and supporting people to utilise resources within their local communities. 

Each area an individual needs support with will be identified in their support plan.  This will also inform us of how to support each individual in meeting their outcomes in life.From packages of support that range from 24/7 to a few hours a week, we use a person centred approach in how we support every individual.  Our aim is to enable those who are supported by the service to live as independently as possible.

Referral Criteria

We accept referrals by and on behalf of adults over the age of 18.  Referrals can be made through East Renfrewshire’s Social Work Department.  Those who are in receipt of an Individual Budget or who wish to pay for their service directly can make a self-referral by phoning our Head Office on 0141 226 1610 and asking to speak to a member of The Service and Development Department.  Alternatively they can contact the Project Manager as follows

Services Offered

In full consultation with the adult for whom the service is provided and any other significant person, we will develop a person centred and Outcomes Based Support Plan. 
This will be reviewed at least 6 monthly or as changes occur. 
We can offer a keyworker who will be the link person to the organisation and who family members and other professionals can liaise with. Signposting to other agencies and services. 
We can also offer support to access other community and/or health resources as identified in your Outcomes Based Support plan. 

The service is registered and regulated by the Care Inspectorate.


Project Manager
Barrhead Project
Westbourne Business Centre
Kelburn Street
Tel: 0141 881 6650